Input your registered email address to reset your password
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
1) Apply theories of social exclusion, marginalisation, social construction, and empowerment in understanding the situations and livelihoods of the socially disadvantaged groups in Hong Kong;
2) Review the structural causes and societal attitudes leading to social exclusion and marginalization of the socially disadvantaged groups;
3) Reflect on values and attitudes towards the socially disadvantaged groups critically;
4) Practice skills in planning and implementing community education project to empower the socially disadvantaged groups;
5) Identify community resources and practical methods in enhancing the well-being of the socially disadvantaged groups.
a) Class participation (10%)
Apart from your presence, you are encouraged to take an active role in class activities, including possible class discussions, guest speaker sharing and presentations.
b) Group presentation (40%)
The group project is use to demonstrate your understanding of the issues being covered in the lectures and critical analysis on the topic that the group has chosen. Students are required to identify an international issue and give thorough analysis on how the international issue is presented and exerting influence in local context. The group needs to further construct a plan on how such issue could be resolved internationally and locally with the collaboration of any chosen non-governmental organization.
c) Individual paper (50%)
Students should demonstrate thorough understanding and critical analysis on issue related to social disadvantaged under globalization; include the presentation of theoretical arguments and use of real circumstance(s) to illustrate the arguments. Students are free to design their own topic, with the only restriction that the topic must related to the course contents.
You have to signup an account to view this content. Sign Up Sign In
This course aims to help students who have just reached adulthood to understand personal growth, to develop self-acceptance, to reflect upon their self-identity and to recognize the impact of the rapid changing society on an individual. It is hoped that the course can assist students to develop direction and values in facing various life tasks, prepare them for choices in life path and equip them with a proactive manner in future study / career.
10%participation 40% presentation 50%final essay
If you have any inquiry on RegCourse, please drop us an email. We will get back to you very soon.