Input your registered email address to reset your password
University of Hong Kong
Everything from vectors to line integrals and Green's Theorem.
Very demanding and very intense. What you might expect would need at least two weeks for an average maths student to digest is covered in days. The lectures are very good. The lectures are lively, interesting, sometimes unexpectedly dramatic. However, if you did not prepare or do any reading beforehand it is very likely that you would not be able to keep up as the professor goes through concepts very, very quickly.
You have to signup an account to view this content. Sign Up Sign In
MATH 2211 in the 4-year curriculum
Required for both math major and math/physics major, and also good choice for engineering or EF students who need more rigorous knowledge in calculus
Textbook: Vector Calculus by Susan J Colley
Covering a wide range of topics in multivariable calculus, including:
- Vectors: vectors in 2-, 3-, and n-dimensions; dot product and cross product; lines and planes; polar, cylindrical, and spherical coordinates
- Differentiation in several variables: limits and derivatives; the chain rule; directional derivatives and gradients
- Vector-valued functions: parametrized curves; arc-length; vector fields; gradient, divergence, curl, and the del operator
- Maxima and minima: differentials and Taylor's Theorem of several variables; extrema of functions; Lagrange multipliers; applications of extrema
- Multiple integration: double and triple integrals; change of variables; applications
- Line integrals: scalar and vector line integrals; Green's Theorem; conservative vector fields
- Surface integrals and vector analysis: parametrized surfaces; surface integrals; Stoke's and Gauss's Theorems
50% final exam, 40% tests (total 2, carrying equal weight), 10% tutorial; assignments count for 0% but can be used to make up failed points in tests and the final
Very interesting course
50% final 40% MT (20% each) 10% Assignment
never take Z. Hua course
If you have any inquiry on RegCourse, please drop us an email. We will get back to you very soon.